9 Best Online Yoga Courses
Yoga is an ancient healing process, offering physical and mental health benefits. Practicing your Asanas will help you achieve balance in life. Yoga incorporates meditation and breathing, which can assist a person’s mental health.
Are you looking for a way to improve your yoga practice? There are many online yoga courses available that can help you do just that. In this blog post, we will discuss nine of the best online yoga courses available. We will also provide you with information on what each course offers and how it can benefit you. So, if you are interested in learning more about online yoga courses, keep reading!
Each of these courses has been shortlisted based on the following factors:
- Who can take this course? Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced Level
- Details of the course
- Course duration
- What the students have to say about the course
- Numbers of students who enrolled in this course
List of Top 9 Online Yoga Courses
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training Course (Yoga Alliance Certificate) – Udemy – All Levels
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training Certificate Course – Udemy – All Levels
- Kids Yoga Teacher Training Certificate Course – Ages 2 -17 – Udemy – All Levels
- 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training & Certification – Yogarenew – All Levels
- Advanced Yoga Certification – ASFA – Advanced Level
- The Orignal 200-hour Online Yoga Teacher Training – Brett Larkin Yoga Uplifted
- 200-HR Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training ONLINE – Sampoorna Yoga
- 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training – My Vinyasa Practice
- 200-Hour Online Yoga Teacher Training – Zazyoga
These courses have not been listed in any particular order. But we do have our top picks. Course numbers 1 and 3 are amazing for beginners. They’re also affordable and highly rated.
This course is perfect for all levels and gives you an in-depth view of the world of yoga.
The course comes with a 250+ page Yoga Training Manual which covers all the yoga essentials. Here is what the course includes:
- 30+ Yin Yoga Poses
- The 12 Main Meridians
- History and benefits of yoga
The course consists of 14.5 hours of on-demand videos along with 74 lectures. The course content is detailed and in-depth and the course will take you around 14 hours and 15 minutes to complete.
Currently, the course is available for 84.99 which may seem expensive but will soon be on discount which you can avail of.
We even went over student reviews to ensure they enjoyed it and saw positive comments like:
“The instructions are very clear and the videos are easy to follow and practice. My major takeaway in addition to learning Yin Yoga is the humane approach to teaching yoga and respecting individual bodily structures and the needs of members.”
Overall, the course has a rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 and is deemed the bestseller in this category.
The course has 1,998 students who have already benefited from it, showing how popular it is, true to its title of a ‘bestseller’.
We would give this brilliant course a rating of 9.0/9.0.
Next up is another all-level course by Udemy. This course is highly rated and gives you a lot of insights into yoga.
Here is what the course will teach you:
- Learn 25 yin yoga poses and their variations
- How to professionally teach yin yoga classes
- How to sequence and structure a yin yoga class
By the end of the course, you will know so much about yoga and its intricacies. The course duration is 3 hours and 36 minutes consisting of 48 lectures and 3.5 hours of on-demand videos.
Currently, the course is available for USD 84.99, but don’t worry, there will be a sale soon which you can benefit from.
For an online course, it is truly a great one as can be seen in the students’ reviews. Here’s one comment that caught out eye:
“This is an amazing course. Thank you SO much! Even though it’s online, it’s very thorough, and it made me excited to create classes with different focuses.”
The course is rated 4.8 out of 5.0, truly showing how amazing the course is. This online yoga course has 4,525 students enrolled, showing how popular it is among fellow yoga learners.
We would give this course a rating of 9.0/9.0.
Here is another all-level course by Udemy that has been designed keeping in mind the needs of learners with and without prior knowledge.
Here is what the course will teach you:
- By taking this course, you will learn, step by step, how to teach fun, engaging, and safe yoga classes to children of all ages, from 2-to 17 years!
- Learn what the best yoga poses for each age group are – this course includes beautifully illustrated kids’ yoga pose guides for you to print out and keep!
- Find out how to keep kids engaged and having fun in your yoga classes
The total course duration is 2 hours and 45 minutes, consisting of 3 hours of on-demand videos and 75 lectures. The course even comes with 44 downloadable resources.
The course is currently priced at $84.99 which is quite expensive. But wait for a while until it will be available for less than half the price.
Student reviews are absolutely amazing for this course. Here is a comment that we believe sums up the learning experience:
“This course was more than I expected, it was actually everything and a little more than what I was looking for in a Kids Yoga teacher training. I love the resources provided, not only are they applicable for working with children, some of them carry over well with people of all ages.”
This course is another Udemy bestseller and has a rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 which shows how amazing this course is.
Moreover, the number of students enrolled is 17,061 which is quite a lot and shows how popular it is among fellow students.
We would give it a rating of 9.0/9.0.
This next course is ideal for every level and will help you explore the different yoga styles. Moreover, you will learn a lot about meditation.
The course is 200 hours long and will cover all the essentials of yoga in a very detailed manner.
Currently, the course is priced at USD 357 which is quite expensive but since the course is so in-depth and detailed, it is somewhat justified.
We went through the student reviews to see how they felt about it and here is what they had to say:
“The program was very thorough and provided so many resources”
The course is pretty highly rated too with 4.9 out of 5.0 stars, indicating how well-liked it is.
We were unable to find the number of students enrolled but we believe that the course will teach you a lot about yoga and meditation.
Our rating for this course would be 8.0/9.0.
This next course is an advanced-level course that will cover the more technical aspects of yoga so that you are able to master it.
Here is what the course has to offer:
- An enhanced ability to design tailored, advanced-level yoga exercise programs for a wide variety of clients.
- An advanced level understanding of successful yoga workout components and considerations.
- A demonstrated knowledge of advanced yoga exercises, methodology & routine design.
You can unlock all this course content for the price of USD 299 which is quite expensive but fair for such an advanced level course.
We were unable to find student reviews and ratings but we truly believe the course has a lot to offer.
Our rating for the course is 8.0/9.0.
Are you looking to start as a yoga trainer but do not know how to start? This next course is a perfect fit for all levels!
In this 200-hour-long course, you will familiarize yourself with the intricacies of yoga.
Here’s what the course will offer:
- It will empower you to move through your own life in a way that feels centered and aligned with YOUR values.
- It will help you develop and create your own personal meditation practice.
- Get a chance to teach your signature meditation to teach others as you incorporate yoga and mindfulness into your yoga classes.
The course even has interactive Live Calls with discussion, personalized asana review, and practice teaching that corresponds exactly with what you learned throughout the week.
The course is currently offered at USD 2,850, which although is a huge sum, gives you a unique opportunity to learn. We love it because it is interactive. You’ll get to interact with your peers. Courses like this one are hard to find.
We reviewed comments from students and found most of them to be positive. Here’s one that sums up this course perfectly:
“Thrilled I finally found high-quality online teacher training. This was more insightful than any of my previous training as an exercise professional.”
We were unable to find ratings for this course, but with over 444,000 students currently enrolled, it has earned an 8.0/9.0 rating from us.
This course offers intensive training to help you step up your yoga practices to an advanced level.
Here’s what the course offers:
- An opportunity to clear your doubts in a Q&A live zoom session with the teachers.
- A welcome and a closing session on the last day.
- You can download and print the Yoga Teacher Training manual with all the content of the course.
You get lifetime access to 150+ pre-recorded theory videos, anatomical videos, practical classes, and recordings of previous Q&A sessions. The content is certainly in-depth.
This self-paced course has a duration of 200 hours, with the flexibility to complete your certification within one year of enrollment.
Currently, the course is being offered at a discounted price of USD 989. This is expensive but you get lifetime access to the content.
We were unable to find student reviews and ratings for this course but we believe this intense certification will train you aptly for the paths of yoga.
Our rating for this course would be 7.5/9.0.
Our next course is designed to help you explore the world of yoga!
Here’s what the course offers:
- Learn the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, and the history and philosophy of yoga.
- A rundown of the anatomy and physiology, sequencing and cuing, along with chakras, and energetics.
- Keep in touch with the traditional practices to elevate consciousness.
- Be eligible to teach yoga anywhere.
The course duration is 200 hours long and offers over 15 weekly office hours.
The course is heavy on the pockets, being offered at USD 425. You can enjoy 50% off on the tuition fee if you pay in full!
The course has no ratings, however, however we found this one review that sums up this course perfectly:
“The program provided me with fundamentals of yoga philosophy and asana and the confidence to teach. If you’ve had this dream [becoming a yoga teacher] then I encourage you to enroll as well – I am glad I did. Namaste.”.
Our rating for this course would be 8.0/9.0.
This yoga course is a perfect amalgamation of modern yoga practices and ancient wisdom theories.
Here’s an insight into the course outline:
- It offers 30 Original Morning Practices of sitting, moving, and chanting Meditations, Pranayama, and Kriyas.
- It offers a creative blend of Vinyasa sequences to help you master your mind, your breath, and your body!
- Keep up with the Yoga Philosophy and Yoga History to relate how Ancient Wisdom applies to our modern lives!
The course duration is 200 hours which is more than enough to dive deep into the practices of yoga.
The course costs USD 1997, with a chance to pay for additional add-ons and training with the founders. This is quite expensive but the course is so in-depth that this amount seems worth it.
We were unable to find student reviews for the course but as per our research, it falls under one of the top-rated courses. Hence our rating for it would be 9.0/ 9.0.
Other Fitness Courses You Should Check
Best Yoga Courses - FAQs
Which Yoga Course Is Best?
We recommend you to explore courses 1 and 3 from our lineup. These are some of the best courses that are available out there. They start from scratch and help you learn so much. Courses like these are hard to find and are definitely some of the best out there.
What Is the Average Cost of an Online Yoga Class?
The online course costs vary from as low as $85 to a whopping $2850.
Are Online Yoga Classes Worth It?
This is a question that many people are asking as they try to find the best way to improve their health and well-being. While there are many benefits to taking yoga classes in person, there are also several advantages to taking them online.
One of the biggest advantages of online yoga classes is that they are convenient. You can take them at any time that works for you, and you don’t have to travel to a studio. This means that you can save time and money on transportation.
Which Certification Is Best for Yoga?
The top recommended holistic certification is the 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training from our lineup. It has some of the best learning insights. Moreover, the certification is packed with information on yoga and gives you a practical learning experience.
If you are looking to receive a yoga teacher certification, you’ve come to the right place! We have compiled a list of the top 9 yoga courses for you to learn from and teach.
Of the multitude of online courses that are offered, we recommend you to explore courses 1 and 3. They are packed with modern yoga techniques, and creative practices blended with ancient history and philosophy.