Want to take breathtaking pictures with your smartphone but don’t know how to?
Smartphone photography courses are your best solution.
If you’re looking to take your smartphone photography skills to the next level, look no further. We’ve rounded up the top nine smartphone photography courses available online, so you can learn from the pros and up your Instagram game. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced photographer, there’s a course for you.
Check them out now!
Each of these courses has been shortlisted based on the following factors:
- Who can take this course? Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced Level
- Details of the course
- Course duration
- What the students have to say about the course
- Numbers of students who enrolled in this course
- Smartphone Photography | iPhone, Android, Instagram & more! – Udemy – Intermediate Level
- iPhone Photography & Mobile Photography: Take Better Photos – Udemy – Beginner Level
- Smartphone Photography Course – Udemy – Beginner Level
- Mobile Photography iPhone and Android Complete Masterclass – Udemy – All Levels
- Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR Specialization – Coursera – Beginner Level
- Photography Foundations: Mobile Photography – Linkedin – All Levels
- The Complete Guide to Smartphone Photography – Wondrium – Intermediate Level
- iPhone & Android Photography Course – Shaw Academy – All Levels
- iPhone Photography: Learn to Shoot Like a Pro with Sam Elkins – Moment – Intermediate Level
Note that we have listed all these courses randomly. Our top picks, however, are numbers 4 and 5. Learn more about them below.
1. Smartphone Photography | iPhone, Android, Instagram & more! – Udemy – Intermediate Level
The first mobile photography course we have for you is from Udemy. This course is ideal for people who already have some knowledge about mobile photography.
The course will give you several valuable insights including:
- How to replicate professional photography with your iPhone or Android camera
- How to utilize props and surrounding conditions like light and shadows to highlight your subjects
- How to optimize your phone settings for taking the best photos
This is a short course but it is packed with information. The total duration is 1h 38 minutes with 14 lectures and 1.5 hours of on-demand video. All this, for the price of USD 49.99, which is quite expensive. However, just wait and it will be on sale soon.
Students have rated the course 4.3 out of 5.0 which is pretty good. Student reviews were very positive too with comments like:
“Entertaining, educational, and informative! Loved the course and would highly recommend it to anyone. Never knew how much I could get out of the camera on my phone”
The course certainly offers a lot of learning.
Overall, the course has 327 students enrolled which is not a lot but we believe that the course has a lot of potential that is yet to be tapped.
Considering how fast-paced the course is, our rating for it would be 8.0/9.0.
2. iPhone Photography & Mobile Photography: Take Better Photos – Udemy – Beginner Level
If you are a beginner looking to become a pro mobile photographer, this course is perfect for you.
The course covers all the basics including:
- Helps you take amazing photos with your smartphone, iPhone, Android, or other mobile devices
- Helps you improve your photos with better lighting, composition, and storytelling
- Understand camera and photography basics like the exposure triangle, depth of field, and focal length
This smartphone photography course covers everything within 3 hours and 6 minutes. Furthermore, it has 53 lectures and 3-hours of on-demand videos. You can easily get free lifetime access by paying USD 84.99. This course is expensive but doesn’t worry because this will be on sale soon.
Student reviews and ratings clearly show how amazing the course is. The course has a rating of 4.6/5.0 which is pretty great. This is followed by positive comments like
“I feel confident that I can learn and take great photos with my cellphone…. in the middle of the course. AMAZING would recommend 10/10.”
Just like the previous course, this one does not have a lot of students enrolled in it. Currently, the course has 1,768 students enrolled but we believe there is more potential.
We would give the course a rating of 9.0/9.0
3. Smartphone Photography – Udemy – Beginner Level
Next up is another Udemy course designed for absolute beginners. The course covers some interesting topics like:
- The fun behind Photography
- Why lighting is very important
- The creative and technical part of smartphone photography
This is a super short course but is really interesting. The course duration is only 41 minutes, with 42 minutes of on-demand video and 13 lectures.
You can get lifetime access to this by simply paying USD 19.99 which is fair considering the course content.
The student reviews for this course are pretty great too. Here is one comment that caught our eye:
“Clear and to the point, good use of props, no messing straight into the content”
The course has a pretty decent rating of 4.2 out of 5.0 with 1,030 students enrolled in it.
Overall, our rating for this short smartphone photography course is 8.5/9.0.
4. Mobile Photography iPhone and Android Complete Masterclass – Udemy – All Levels
Next up is a bestseller on Udemy that caters to every level. The course offers a lot of learning including:
- Learn how to take amazing photos with your phone
- Lens Distortions
- Photographing landscapes with a mobile phone
Overall, the course duration is 5 hours and 37 minutes with 5.5 hours of on-demand videos and 54 lectures that you can benefit from.
The course is currently available for USD $19.99 which is pretty great considering how much you will learn.
We saw student reviews, and they were raving about the course with comments like ‘Absolutely a course worth taking, precise information is given with practical explanations and even in a very simple manner.”
No wonder it is a bestseller.
All in all, the course is rated 4.4 out of 5.0 and has 5,691 students already enrolled in it.
We highly recommend this course and it is one of our top picks.
Our rating for this course is 9.0/9.0.
5. Photography Basics and Beyond: From Smartphone to DSLR Specialization – Coursera – Beginner Level
Next in line is an amazing Coursera course that is ideal for beginners. The course covers a lot of vital information including:
- Fundamental principles in photography, from camera control to principles of composition and creativity
- Principles of Photo Composition and Digital Image Post-Production
- Photography Techniques: Light, Content, and Sharing
The course duration is 6 months which is enough time to master smartphone photography.
The course, like other Coursera courses, offers free enrollment and financial aid. However, after the end of the free enrollment period, you will have to pay USD 49 per month to access the Coursera library.
We were unable to find reviews, but the rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 and the 102,822 students enrolled in the course are proof of why this course is so popular.
We would highly recommend this course and give it a rating of 9.0/9.0.
6. Photography Foundations: Mobile Photography – Linkedin – All Levels
Next up is a LinkedIn course which is great for every level. Even if you are a beginner or someone simply looking to polish their already developed skills, this course will be great for you.
Here is what you will learn:
- Mobile photography basics
- Exposure on a mobile camera
- Shooting in low or bright light
The course is very short and will take you 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete. Despite offering so much to learn, the course is available for free.
Moreover, it has a rating of 4.7 out of 5.0 which is pretty great.
The total number of students is 53,637 and they have positive things to say like “very good and I will recommend” This clearly shows how well-liked the course is.
We would give it a rating of 9.0/9.0.
7. The Complete Guide to Smartphone Photography – Wondrium – Intermediate Level
This next course is an intermediate level one and is a complete guide to smartphone photography.
The course offers remarkable insights into smartphone photography and covers the following:
- Smartphone camera basics.
- Photography principles: Composition, Exposure, Light.
- Portrait and Landscape shooting.
By the end of this course, you will know how to take stunning pictures just using your smartphone.
The course duration is 7 hours and 26 minutes and is priced at USD 20 per month after a 14-day free trial. The price is fair considering the learning it offers.
Students absolutely love the course. Most reviews are similar to this one here: “This program provided a great deal of usable information. Not only for Smartphones but information that can be used with any camera.”
Overall it is rated 4.7 out of 5.0 by the students. Our rating for this in-depth and affordable course would be 8.5/9.0.
8. iPhone & Android Photography Course – Shaw Academy – All Levels
This next course has been designed for all levels. It covers all the basics related to mobile photography including:
- Understand how different lenses work
- How to edit through apps
- Improve your photo composition
The course duration is 4 weeks which is a good enough time to grasp the basics. This comprehensive course is usually available for USD 6.74 but is currently available for free. Don’t miss out on this opportunity.
Based on reviews, the course is pretty great. Here’s one review that sums up this course perfectly:
“The facilitator makes you look at photography in a new light and is inspiring in the many possibilities that you can achieve as a photographer.”
Overall the course has a rating of 4.6 out of 5.0 with a total of 355,478 students enrolled, showing how popular the course is.
We would give the course a rating of 9.0/9.0.
9. iPhone Photography: Learn to Shoot Like a Pro with Sam Elkins – Moment – Intermediate Level
The last course we have lined up is perfect for the intermediate level. It is a comprehensive course that covers the essentials of iPhone photography. Here is what you will learn from it:
- How to read the light for better phone photos
- How to shoot in the harsh light
- How to compose amazing portraits
The course is pretty short and can be completed within 80 mins. It is certainly packed with information.
It is quite expensive but offers great learning. This view was seen in students’ reviews as well through comments like “Although it is quite expensive the course, this was money very well worth the price.”
The course has a pretty great rating of 4.6 out of 5.0 stars.
It also has 1104 students enrolled in it which is not a lot but could be because of the high price.
That said, we still believe the course is great. Our rating for this course would be 8.5/9.0.
Learning mobile photography is a great way to improve your skills and knowledge in the field. There are many ways to learn this type of photography, but the best way is to find a course or tutorial that suits your level and needs. You can also find many online courses that will help you improve your skills. Check out our list of top 9 smartphone photography courses to learn.
The first step to starting a photography course is to shortlist the one that matches your requirements. We have done a thorough analysis above and picked numbers 5 and 6 as the best smartphone photography courses. Simply enroll in the course of your liking and start your journey towards becoming a mobile photographer.
There are several photography courses available online, however, some have a lot to offer compared to others. Course number 4 and number 5 are some of the best smartphone photography courses out there because they offer in-depth learning.
If you want to master the art of smartphone photography, you have come to the right place.
We have found some of the best mobile photography courses out there.
Numbers 4 and 5 are amazing courses, packed with interesting insights and valuable information. You can easily master photography through these courses.
What course will you start with?
If you like this lineup of smartphone photography courses, we’re sure you’ll also like our roundup of best fashion photography online courses