Is food photography something that interests you but you don’t know where to start off? You have landed at the right place. These best food photography courses are just what you need.
Food photography is a vast field with so much potential. From budding startups to well-established ones, the food photography business is a very lucrative one.
If this is something that interests you, you should totally explore these food photography lessons we have found for you.
There are too many courses out there which is why we have shortlisted the top-notch ones. Check out our list!
Each of these courses has been reviewed based on the following factors:
- Who can take this course? Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced Level
- Details of the course
- Course duration
- What the students have to say about the course
- Numbers of students who enrolled in this course
List of Best 9 Food Photography Courses
- Mobile Food Photography: Masterclass for Android and iPhone! – Udemy – All Levels
- Food Photography: Capturing Food in Your Kitchen – Udemy – All Levels
- Foodies Ultimate Food Photography Masterclass – Udemy – Beginner Level
- Dark & Moody Food Photography for Instagram Sucess: Visual Storytelling with Emotional Food Photos – Skillshare – Intermediate Level
- Food Photography, Shooting at Restaurants – Skillshare – Beginner Level
- Food Photography Shoot Professional Food Images – Le Cordon Bleu – Beginner Level
- Food Styling and Photography for Instagram – Domestika – Beginner Level
- Food Photography Techniques for Advertising – Domestika – Beginner Level
- Learning Food and Drink Photography – LinkedIn – Beginner + Intermediate Level
These courses have been listed randomly. But, if you want to know our top picks they are numbers 4 and 8. These courses are affordable but offer so much learning. You should definitely try them out.
1. Mobile Food Photography Masterclass for Android and iPhone! – Udemy – All Levels
Have a knack for taking still life pictures and want to explore food photography?
This course is perfect for you. It is a well-rounded masterclass with so much to offer. This course is designed for all-level learners.
We went over the course outline and saw so much that the course has in store. Here is what you’ll learn:
- How to use lighting
- Tips on finding props on a budget or even creating yourself
- Professional editing, using Lightroom and Snapseed
This is a long course so you will have to give it proper time. The course has 12 hours of on-demand videos and 1 downloadable resource.
This amazing course can be accessed for the price of USD 19.99. We believe it is quite affordable considering the amount of learning it offers.
Students have so many nice things to say about the course. We went through the reviews and this one caught our eye:
“This course is great! Everything is so well explained. Strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn how to take food photos with a smartphone and to produce results like a pro!!”
The course has a great rating of 4.0 out of 5.0 which shows how much students loved this food photography certification.
Currently, there are only 242 students enrolled in the course but we believe the number will continue increasing as the course has so much to offer.
Our rating for the course, based on content and pricing would be 8.0/9.0.
Make sure to check it out!
2. Food Photography: Capturing Food in Your Kitchen – Udemy – All Levels
Next, we have another all-level course by Udemy. The course is filled with insights for both beginners and advanced-level learners.
With so much to offer, we believe this course should be one of your top picks.
Here is what the course outline is comprised of:
- How to create a unique setting and style for your own food photography
- How to control natural light in your home to shoot better photographs
- How to edit your food photographs to make them look even better
This course is very informative, especially for people who do not have prior knowledge about food photography. By the end of the course, you will be able to produce some amazing food photos.
This is a super short course. If a crash course is what you are looking for then you should totally opt for this one. The course has 1.5 hours of on-demand videos, 4 articles, and 7 downloadable resources. Overall, it will take you 1 hour and 43 minutes to complete this course.
As for pricing, currently, this course is available for USD 84.99 which is quite expensive. However, don’t worry as Udemy frequently offers discounts.
We even went over student reviews to see if the course was worth it. Most comments we came across were positive. Here’s one such comment:
“Really enjoyed this course. I learned a few things and how to understand my camera better when shooting food.”
The course also has a pretty great rating of 4.5/5.0. This shows how much students enjoyed the course.
Moreover, this course is quite popular. It has 92,210 students already enrolled in it. Such popular courses surely have a lot to offer.
Based on the course content and popularity of the course, we would give it a rating of 8.5/9.0.
3. You Found It! Foodies Ultimate Food Photography Masterclass – Udemy – Beginner Level
Looking for a masterclass on food photography?
This course covers everything for beginners.
It is so well-designed that you can learn everything from scratch without feeling overwhelmed.
Here is what you will learn through the course:
- Learn all the important tips for working with natural sunlight
- Learn how to apply color theory to your food photography
- Learn the fundamentals of editing and the correct chronological order of tasks
The course will offer you a lot of practical insights in the time duration of 3 hours and 47 minutes. The course comes with 4 hours of on-demand videos, and 17 downloadable resources.
All this, for the price of USD 84.99. You will get lifetime access to the course and even a certification for this price. We realize this is expensive but Udemy has frequent sales so the course can become pocket friendly if you keep track.
Student reviews for the course are positive too. Here’s one review that caught our eye:
“If you are looking for guidance and inspiration for your food photography, this course is for you. Along with lots of useful tips about good practice. There are tips for how to use your camera too, although I already shoot in manual mode, it did no harm to have a little listen and a refresh, having learned how to use a DSLR a long time ago.”
The course is a bestseller too. What more can you ask for?
With a rating of 4.6/5.0 and 2,051 students already enrolled in the course, we believe this will be a great learning opportunity for you.
Make sure to enroll in this course to kickstart your journey as a food photographer.
Our rating for the course would be 9.0/9.0. It is definitely one of our top picks!
4. Dark & Moody Food Photography for Instagram Sucess: Visual Storytelling with Emotional Food Photos – Skillshare – Intermediate Level
Here is an intermediate-level course by skillshare.
The course requires some prior knowledge and skill with food photography.
If you are looking to hone your skills, then this course will suit you well.
We went over the course outline and found these key learning points:
- How to find the perfect lighting
- How to style your photos to enhance the story
- Three simple compositions to follow
- Essential gear and smartphone photography
- Editing on computer and smartphone
This is another short course. If you are looking for a crash course that teaches you a lot then this 1-hour and 14-minute course will do the deal for you.
You won’t believe the price of this course. Just USD 2 per month!
Isn’t this a catch?
The course not only exceeded expectations but also received a rating of 50%+ student satisfaction.
We even saw some amazing comments like:
“The teacher was great and very inspiring to my creativity.”
We are sure you will love this course.
The course is super popular and has several students enrolled in it. Currently, there are 12,423 learners who have benefitted from the course. You can be the next.
Based on the price and popularity of the course our rating for it would be 9.0/9.0.
We highly recommend this course to you!
5. Food Photography: Shooting at Restaurants – Skillshare – Beginner Level
Are you a beginner looking to start learning food photography from scratch?
This would be an amazing course for you.
With so much to learn and several practical insights to gain, you should surely be in this course.
The course will cover a lot including:
- How to make a dish look as great as it tastes.
- How to style and shoot food
- Explore what gear to use
- Learn how to shoot in daylight
There are several practical insights in this 34-minute-long course. You can easily access the course by paying USD 2 per month. This is super pocket-friendly so what is stopping you from starting your journey?
As beginners, students love this course and recommend it to others. Here’s one review that sums up the course nicely:
“As a beginner, this course really spoke to me. There are valuable tips throughout that would benefit any level of photographer. Thank you for the opportunity!”
The course has pretty great ratings too.
Moreover, it is quite popular and has 16,358 who are already a part of it. You could easily be the next.
Our rating for this comprehensive course would be 8.0/9.0.
6. Food Photography Shoot Professional Food Images – Le Cordon Bleu – Beginner Level
Next up is another amazing course straight from Le Cordon Bleu.
This course will be great for beginners who want to start learning food photography.
The course content is quite holistic. Here is what will be covered:
- How to compose and photograph mouth-watering food shots
- How to take your food photography skills to the next level for professional output
- Learn camera basics and develop an eye for composition with storytelling and props
- How to capture light with artificial and studio light
- How to control hard light
- How to capture steam, smoke, and splash to enhance your food images
- How to elevate your pictures further in your preferred image editing software
This course is quite extensive. It will take you 50 hours to complete. Among the course content are self-reflections and check-your-knowledge quizzes that will ensure immense learning.
All of these practical insights can be available to you by paying the hefty price of USD 204.87. This is quite expensive but the good part is that you learn from experts!
Even though we could not find student reviews and ratings, we would still give this course a high rating of 8.5/9.0.
If you have the money to splurge, this course will be a great pick for you!
7. Food Styling and Photography for Instagram – Domestika – Beginner Level
Alt-text: online courses photography
The next course is great if you want to become a professional food photographer.
This course is excellent for beginners, so if you are someone who has no prior knowledge about food photography, you can learn a lot from it.
The course systematically takes you through the whole process. Here is what you will learn:
- The process of styling, photographing and editing delicious Instagram-worthy food photos
- How to edit photos in Lightroom
- Learn how to crop your images and experiment with things like exposure and vignette
The instructor offers advice on how to share your food photos on Instagram. You even get to explore hashtags, stories, and captions.
As you can see, the course offers several insights and is thus totally worth it!
Overall, the course will take you 3 hours and 14 minutes to complete and it comes with 16 additional resources.
Currently, it is priced at USD 12.99 which is pocket friendly considering how much you will learn from it!
Student comments are super positive. Here is what they have to say about the course:
“The concept of the course is great. The teacher really explains everything clearly. What I like is that the practical part is super emphasized.”
The course has 100% positive reviews, how great is that?
It is also pretty popular with 9457 students enrolled in it!
This course is our top pick. It is amazing in terms of learning and even has a great instructor.
Our rating based on the whole package would be 9.0/9.0.
8. Food Photography Techniques for Advertising – Domestika – Beginner Level
Alt-text: best photography courses online
As a beginner, you might be looking for courses that are easy to follow and comprehend.
Here is one such course.
The instructor is amazing and will work you through the whole thing in the most ideal way.
Here is what the course will help you learn:
- How to enhance the aesthetic of food and drinks in a photograph through great lighting, digital retouching, and food styling
- Digital retouching using Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop
- How to assemble a lighting setup with two flashes
The course has an ideal duration of 3 hours and 38 minutes. It also comes with 11 additional resources. The course content is well designed and will give you so many interesting insights!
It is available for the astounding price of USD 9.99. Considering the course content, this price is pretty great!
Students love the course. Here is what they have to say about it:
“very complete course that opens the mind, teaches you very useful resources, its explanation is simple which makes the course for me, for example, that I am a beginner, I can understand and make myself aware of the basic tools that I need to set up my small photography studio. Excellent workshop, 100% recommended.”
The course has 95% positive reviews. That’s so great! It is also very popular, with 11816 students already enrolled in it.
We are sure you will love the course. Make sure to try it out!
Our rating for the course would be 9.0/9.0. It is definitely one of our top picks!
9. Learning Food and Drink Photography – LinkedIn – Beginner + Intermediate Level
Alt-text: learn food photography online
The last course we found was on Linkedin.
It is a course that is great for both beginners and intermediate-level people.
This means that if you want to scratch from scratch or simply just up your food photography skills, this course will work well for you.
The course content covers quite a few things. Here is what you’ll learn:
- Explore various compositional styles
- Finding creative backgrounds
- Creating specular and diffuse lighting setups
- Creating a chill effect for drinks
- Shooting on location at a restaurant
- Editing photos
This is a short course that will take you 1 hour and 58 minutes to cover. If crash courses are what you prefer then you should totally enroll in this one.
Currently, it is available for USD 26.84 per month which is quite decent. Considering how much knowledge you will gain from this course, we believe this price is justified.
Moreover, the reviews for this course are pretty positive. Here is what one student had to say about it:
“One of the best courses I’ve found online for this subject–thanks for sharing.” If other students love this course so much, we are sure you will love it too.
It also has a stellar rating of 4.6 out of 5.0. This shows how much students really like the course.
The course has gained so much traction. As of now, it has 79,139 enrolled which shows how popular the course is.
Our rating for the course, based on content would be 8.5/9.0
FAQs Related to Food Photography Courses
Can photography be taught online?
Photography can be learned online. With the resurgence of e-learning, there are several amazing courses that are available including the ones that we have listed. These courses are easy to access and provide flexibility to ensure maximum learning.
Which food photography course is best?
The best food photography course is number 4. It is full of information and is quite popular among students. The course is a perfect guide into the world of food photography. There is so much you can learn through this amazing course at a very affordable price.
Meta Description: If you love to take photos of food, here are the best online photography lessons that will help you make your images stand out.
Did you say you wanted to learn food photography?
You have come to the right place.
Our list of top 9 food photography courses will help you so much.
Confused about which one to opt for?
Numbers 4 and 8 will be perfect for you.
These courses are designed with great detail and will thus offer an unparalleled learning experience. They are also very affordable!
Enroll now and become a professional food photographer in no time!