Want to learn a new and interesting language?
The Romanian language would be a great pick for you.
The Romanian language is easy to learn and will help you explore more about the wonderful Romanian culture. It is a language spoken by almost 26 million people, so you could be one of them.
If you’re thinking about learning Romanian, there are plenty of language courses to choose from. But with so many options available, it can be hard to know which one is the best for you. To help make your decision easier, here are the top 9 Romanian language courses currently available.
Each of these courses has been reviewed based on the following factors:
- Who can take this course? Beginners, Intermediate, and Advanced Level
- Details of the course
- Course duration
- What the students have to say about the course
- Numbers of students who enrolled in this course
- Romanian for Beginners: Level 1 – Udemy – All Levels
- Real Life Romanian for Beginners – Udemy – Beginner Level
- Conversational Romanian for Beginners – Udemy – Beginner Level
- Romanian Language – Basic Conversation – Udemy – Beginner Level
- Romanian Online Evening Language Classes – (All Levels) – UCL – All Levels
- How to make introductions in Romanian – Romanian Lessons – learnro – Beginner Level
- Romanian Grammar – Learnro – Beginner Level
- How to make introductions in Romanian – Learnro
- Elementary Romanian for beginners – Learnro – Beginner Level
These courses have not been listed in any particular order. But we do have our top picks. Course numbers 2 and 5 are amazing for beginners. They’re also affordable and highly rated.
1. Romanian for Beginners: Level 1 – Udemy – All Levels
This all-level Romanian language course is perfect if you want to gain an understanding of the basics of the language.
The course will teach you the following:
- Be able to book a hotel
- Talk to the waiter in a restaurant or cafe
- You will be able to say a few common words and phrases
The course is a short one and will take you 38 minutes to complete. Moreover, it consists of 30 lectures and 39 minutes of on-demand videos.
The course will surely teach you a lot.
The course is priced at USD 11.99 which is pretty affordable considering how much you will learn.
We went through student reviews and noticed that the students were very happy with it. This is what one student had to say:
“ A great introductory course. It is well structured and the teacher speaks clearly and only about the topic of the video. Also, a good thing that the teacher is a native speaker.”
This is a highly recommended course which is rated at 4.6 out of 5.0. This is a pretty great rating.
The course has 307 students already enrolled in it which show how popular it is.
Considering how short this course is, our rating for it would be 8.5/9.0.
2. Real Life Romanian for Beginners – Udemy – Beginner Level
This next Udemy course is pretty great for beginners. It starts from scratch and ensures your ability to speak is good by the end.
Here is what you will learn through this course:
- Pick up pronunciation at a native speaker’s standard
- Build up your listening skills through ear training and visual learning
- Fun and engaging learning through videos with practice rounds
The total course duration is 3 hours and 48 minutes and consists of 4 hours of on-demand video along with 26 lectures.
The course is currently available for USD 11.99 which is pretty great considering how much there is to learn.
This course is amazing and very well-liked by students. It has a rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 which shows how great the course is.
The reviews are also mostly positive for this course. Here is what most students had to say about it:
“It is fun and very engaging, she really understands how learning works. Not through facts and boring long lessons, but through funny content, and taking it easy. I really appreciate you and I will definitely purchase the next lesson as soon as it is available.”
The total enrolled students in this course are 148 which is pretty decent.
Overall, we would give this course a rating of 9.0/9.0.
3. Conversational Romanian for Beginners – Udemy – Beginner Level
Next up is another Udemy course that is great for beginners.
By the end of this course you will know how to converse in the Romanian language and much more:
- You will tackle the pronunciation of Romanian words and learn how to build blocks of Romanian in the context of conversations rather than static vocabulary drills.
- You will learn how to understand and pronounce commonly used phrases in Romanian, helping you feel more comfortable engaging in conversation.
- You will learn conversational phrases in the context of real-world scenarios.
It is a short course that spans over an hour and 24 minutes. The course has almost 1.5 hours of on-demand video and 25 lectures. The course is packed with learning despite being so short.
Currently, the course is priced at USD 34.99 which is relatively expensive. However, it will soon be on sale. Don’t miss the opportunity.
Based on student reviews, the course is amazing. Here is what students had to say about it:
“Great course! Provides an introduction to the language whilst simultaneously giving you the chance to hear lots of Romanian – both spoken and with transcripts/subtitles. This course couldn’t have been better.”
Overall the course has a rating of 4.6 out of 5.0 which is pretty good. The total number of students enrolled in this course is 242 which is proof of its popularity.
Our rating for the course is 8.5/9.0.
4. Romanian Language – Basic Conversation – Udemy – Beginner Level
This is another beginner-level course from Udemy. By the end of this course, you will be able to have basic conversations in the Romanian language at a restaurant, or with friends.
The course duration is 54 minutes and will cover 8 lectures along with 54 minutes of on-demand videos.
There is a lot of learning for the price of USD 11.99. This is pretty great considering the course content.
As for reviews, students had positive things to say about it like:
“ A very good start, however, I feel it could be a little longer.”
We believe that even though the course is shorter, it will still teach you a lot. Overall, the course has a rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 which is good.
The number of students enrolled is 130 which is not a lot but we believe the course has unexplored potential.
Our rating for the course is 8.0/9.0.
5. Romanian Online Evening Language Classes (All Levels) – UCL – All Levels
The next course is great for all levels and offers some great insights into the Romanian language.
Here is why the course is so useful:
- It will help you communicate with confidence in Romanian
- Learn Romanian as it’s spoken today in everyday situations – from basic survival skills for beginners, to fluent discussions on contemporary issues for more advanced learners
- You’ll practice all four language skills – reading, writing, listening, and speaking – with particular emphasis on oral communication
The course duration is 60 hours per year (2 hours a week over 30 weeks). This is a good enough time to grasp the concepts. This course is much more compressive than the Udemy courses we looked at earlier.
The course is priced at $359.44 for one term (10 lessons) which is a lot but the course gives you a holistic learning experience.
We went over student reviews and saw students appreciating the course and the instructor. Here’s one comment that caught our eye:
“The teacher’s drive to ensure that lessons were comprehensive and engaging made this among the best language courses that I have ever taken.”
We were unable to find student ratings and the number of students enrolled but we still believe the course is worth purchasing.
Our rating for the course would be 9.0/9.0.
6. How to make introductions in Romanian – Romanian Lessons – Learnro – Beginner Level
This next course is pretty amazing for beginners and will certainly teach you a lot.
The course covers the basics and will help you learn the following:
- What to say (informally) when you meet somebody new, a possible new friend (man/woman) (video)
- The formal way of introducing yourself in Romanian in official situations
- Introducing other people in Romanian
The course will take you 24 hours to complete which is a good enough time to grasp the concepts.
Not just this, the course is absolutely free. With so much learning, this is certainly a great catch!
We went over the comments and saw students expressing positive views like:
“very nice to learn this lesson. Very well done! Thank you very much”.
Even though we were unable to find student reviews and the number of students enrolled, we still believe the course is exceptional considering it’s free of cost and offers so much learning.
Our rating would be 9.0/9.0.
7. Romanian Grammar – Learnro – Beginner Level
The next great course that we have is from Learnro and it starts with the basics of the Romanian language. It is perfect for beginners who do know much about the Romanian language.
By the end of the course, you will be able to converse in Romanian. Here is what you will learn:
- How to ask a question in Romanian: Interrogatives – Cine(Who), Ce(What)…
- The question in Romanian: Advanced Level – Pe cine, La ce
- Personal pronouns in Romanian
We also went through the reviews to gauge just how good the course is for learning. This is what students had to say:
“The way the admin has organized and structured the lessons on this site is great as it runs you through vocabulary and grammar in a good and natural learning curve”.
Not only does this course have amazing reviews by students but is also available free of cost. The course certainly is a great catch!
We would give it a rating of 8.5/9.0.
8. How to make introductions in Romanian – Learnro – Beginner Level
This is a great beginner-level course that covers the basics of the Romanian language.
You will certainly learn a lot. Here is what the course has to offer:
- what to say (informally) when you meet somebody new, a possible new friend
- a more formal way of introducing yourself in Romanian in official situations
- More examples with more Romanian first and last names
- Introducing other people in Romanian
By the end of this course, you will be able to converse in Romanian fluently.
The course duration is 24 hours which is a great time to get to learn the basics of the Romanian language.
You get to learn so much for absolutely free.
Students have a lot of positive things to say about the course like “ The course is very helpful to learn Romanian language”
We would give this comprehensive course a rating of 8.0/9.0.
9. Elementary Romanian for beginners – Learnro- Beginner Level
The last course that we have lined up for you is also by Learnro and is great for beginners who do not have any prior knowledge of the Romanian language.
The course will help you understand common Romanian verbs. Through this course, you will also be able to count from 1 to 20 in Romanian. Furthermore, you will know how to ask for directions in Romanian.
The course is great if you want to learn the basics of the Romanian language.
We were unable to find student reviews for the course but we still believe the course is great for basic learning. Even better, the course is absolutely free of cost.
We would give the course a rating of 8.0/9.0.
Other Language Courses You Should See
The Romanian language is considered one of the easier languages to learn. In fact, the US Foreign Service Institute has ranked Romanian a Category 1 language indicating that it is one of the easiest languages to learn.
To be fluent in the Romanian language, you will need up to 580 hours or approximately 23 weeks. This would be a good enough time to grasp all the concepts of the language and be able to speak it fluently.
Studying the Romanian language is pretty easy now thanks to the various e-learning platforms that offer numerous courses. These courses are designed in a way that learning the Romanian language is very easy.
If you want to learn a new and interesting language then you have come to the right place.
We have found some of the best Romanian language courses for you.
Our top two picks are course numbers 2 and 5. They offer great learning. These courses are amazing to start off with learning the Romanian language.
If you want to learn other languages like Spanish, French, Japanese, and others, check out our listing of the best language courses.