Merit America Review – Skill and Knowledge for All
The idea of skill building and learning new competencies to enhance your professional profile has recently been popular. But unfortunately, quality courses and bootcamps that help you achieve this purpose are mostly out of reach for talented individuals that could be more financially sound.
But Merit America came into the picture to solve this dilemma and ensure that individuals with a passion for succeeding are given a chance at an improved life and career. In this Merit America review, we will cover everything you need about this wonderful learning initiative.
Merit America is a non-profit organization that provides high-quality education and job placement opportunities to underserved communities in the United States. The organization was founded in 2018 by two educators who saw a need for accessible education and career advancement opportunities.
Let us now take a deep dive into this Merit America review! And understand what makes Merit America different from other online learning platforms.
Why Merit America?
Currently, Merit America offers a variety of programs with job opportunities in fields such as technology, customer service, and sales. They have partnered with over 70 top employers such as Google, Bank of America, and Amazon and have helped over 3,000 graduates secure employment.
With a market value of $1.5 million and a growing number of students and mentors, Merit America is an excellent option for individuals looking to gain valuable skills and advance their careers.
One of the main features of Merit America is its individualized support for students. Each student is assigned a personal coach who provides guidance and support throughout the program, ensuring they have the resources needed to succeed. The programs are also designed to be flexible, allowing students to complete coursework on their schedule while still receiving the support they need.
Merit America is accredited by the American Council on Education (ACE), demonstrating the quality of education the organization provides. In addition, the programs offered by Merit America are designed to be affordable and accessible, making them an excellent option for individuals looking to improve their career prospects.
10 Most Popular Courses/Programs Offered by Merit America (With Costing)
In the second part of this Merit America review, we will look at the top courses/ programs Merit America offers. We shall also highlight the market price of these programs.
- Software Engineering – This program costs $13,000 and teaches the skills you need to become a software engineer, including programming languages like Java and Python. To learn about coding languages, look at the best programming language courses.
- IT Support – This program costs $6,500 and teaches you the basics of computer systems, networks, and troubleshooting.
- Data Analytics – This program costs $12,000 and teaches you how to analyze and interpret data and use tools like Excel and SQL.
- Project Management – This program costs $10,000 and teaches you how to manage projects from start to finish, including planning, budgeting, and communication. If your passion lies in project management, then look at the best project management courses selected by our experts at Internet Of Learning.
- Cybersecurity – This program costs $13,000 and teaches you how to protect computer systems and networks from cyber threats. You can check out the best cybersecurity courses and bootcamps.
- Digital Marketing – This program costs $8,500 and teaches you how to create and execute marketing campaigns across various digital channels. To help you further, we have also listed down the best digital marketing courses.
- Accounting – This program costs $7,500 and teaches you the basics of financial accounting, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow.
- Customer Success – This program costs $7,500 and teaches you how to provide exceptional customer service and support.
- Sales – This program costs $8,500 and teaches sales fundamentals, including lead generation, prospecting, and closing deals.
- Healthcare IT – This program costs $13,000 and teaches you how to manage healthcare information systems, including electronic health records and information exchanges.
Scholarships and Financial Aid Options
One of the significant features that we would like to highlight in this Merit America review is the availability of financial aid and scholarships.
It is worth noting that Merit America offers various scholarships and financial aid options to help make their programs more accessible to everyone. First, they have a scholarship program called the Skills for America’s Future Scholarship, which covers up to 100% of the program’s tuition costs. This scholarship is available to eligible individuals with certain income and residency requirements.
Merit America also offers a deferred tuition program, which allows you to pay a portion of the tuition costs upfront and the remainder once you have landed a job in your field of study. This program is available for all Merit America programs.
Merit America partners with various employers to offer tuition reimbursement programs. If you’re employed by one of their partner companies, you may be eligible for tuition reimbursement for your Merit America program.
Merit America has a financial aid program that provides support to eligible students who have financial needs. In addition, the financial aid program may cover some tuition costs, depending on the student’s financial situation.
Merit America is committed to making its programs accessible to everyone, regardless of financial circumstances. If you are interested in any of their programs, check out their website for more information on the various scholarships and financial aid options.
Prerequisites and Requirements for Programs
Merit America offers a variety of programs to help individuals advance their careers, but each program has its own set of prerequisites and requirements. As a part of this Merit America review, here is a general overview of the prerequisites for Merit America programs:
- High School Diploma or GED – All Merit America Applications need a high school diploma or an equivalent, such as a GED.
- Basic Computer Skills – Some Merit America programs require basic computer skills, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint proficiency.
- English Proficiency – All Merit America programs are taught in English, so you will need to have a basic level of proficiency in the language.
- Technical Skills – Depending on the program you are interested in, you may need specific technical skills or experience. For example, the Software Engineering program requires proficiency in at least one programming language, while the Data Analytics program requires familiarity with SQL.
- Work Authorization – Some Merit America programs require work authorization in the United States, while others are open to authorized individuals working in the U.S. or internationally.
It is essential to note that these are just general prerequisites, and the specific requirements for each program may vary. For more information on the prerequisites for a particular program, check out the program page on the Merit America website.
Additionally, if you have any questions or concerns about the prerequisites for a program, you can contact the Merit America team for more information and guidance.
Merit America Refund Policy
Merit America has a refund policy in place for their programs. The policy may vary depending on the program, so checking the program page or contacting the Merit America team for specific details is best. However, in general, the following refund policy applies to Merit America programs:
- Full Refunds – Students who withdraw from a program within 3 business days of enrollment may be eligible for a full refund of the program tuition fees.
- Partial Refunds – If a student withdraws from a program after the first 3 business days but before completing 25% of the program, they may be eligible for a partial refund of program tuition fees.
- No Refunds – If a student withdraws from a program after completing 25% of the program or is dismissed due to academic or behavioral issues, they are not eligible for a refund of the program tuition fees.
It is important to note that these refund policies only apply to tuition fees, not to any other costs associated with the program, such as textbooks or technology fees.
Additionally, suppose a student is receiving financial aid or scholarships. In that case, the refund policy may apply differently, and the Merit America team will work with the student to determine the appropriate refund or repayment plan.
Merit America Reviews from Students
Just like the review for any other online educational platform will only be complete with reviews from its students, for this Merit America review, we present some student reviews for you to understand what this platform offers and how it impacts lives.
Review by Yves
“I needed tangible qualifications to put on a resume and couldn’t afford training and exams for the IT certifications I knew of. Merit America provided everything that I was looking for.“
Review by Sandra
“Programs like Merit America allow you to open a door that otherwise you would not be able to.“
Review by Rhonda
“Everything I learned in the Merit Program, I do at my job.“
Review by Elizabeth
“I have always wanted to learn Java and looked at community college options. However, it would cost me more and take longer than MeritMerit.“
Career Options After Completing a Merit America Program
Completing a Merit America program can open up several career options, depending on your completed program and individual skills and interests.
Merit America programs are designed to provide learners with the technical and professional skills necessary to succeed in various in-demand fields. Here are some career options you might consider after completing a Merit America program
- Software Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Digital Marketer
- Business Operations Specialist
1. Software Engineer
If you completed Merit America’s Software Engineering program, you might consider a career as a software engineer or developer. You could work for a variety of companies, from startups to large corporations, and work on developing and maintaining software applications.
2. Data Analyst
If you completed Merit America’s Data Analytics program, you might consider a career as a data analyst or data scientist. You could work for various companies, from tech companies to healthcare organizations, and work on analyzing and interpreting data to inform business decisions.
3. Financial Analyst
If you completed Merit America’s Financial Operations program, you might consider a career as a financial analyst or financial planner. You could work for various companies, from investment firms to banks, and help clients manage their finances and make smart investment decisions.
5. Digital Marketer
If you completed Merit America’s Digital Marketing program, you might consider a career as a digital marketer or marketing specialist. You could work for various companies, from advertising agencies to e-commerce businesses, and help create and execute marketing campaigns across various digital platforms.
6. Business Operations Specialist
If you completed Merit America’s Business Operations program, you might consider a career as a business operations specialist or project manager. You could work for various companies, from tech startups to manufacturing firms, and help manage and improve business processes and operations.
How Does Merit America Support its Students During the Program?
Merit America distinguishes itself from other online learning platforms by offering career support and coaching to its students during the programs. In addition, a range of support services during the program ensures the students have the resources they need to succeed. Here are some ways that Merit America supports its students:
- Dedicated Program Advisors: Each Merit America student is assigned a dedicated Program Advisor who is their primary point of contact throughout the program. Advisors provide one-on-one coaching and support to help students navigate the program and achieve their goals.
- Professional Development Workshops: Merit America offers regular professional development workshops covering resume building, networking, and interview skills. These workshops help students develop the skills they need to succeed in their job search after completing the program.
- Technical Support: Merit America provides technical support to students throughout the program. Students can contact the technical support team for help with technical issues related to the online platform or coursework.
- Career Coaching: Merit America offers career coaching to help students prepare for their job search after completing the program. Career coaches guide job searching strategies, interview preparation, and negotiating job offers.
- Peer Support: Merit America allows students to connect with their peers in the program. This includes online discussion forums, group projects, and networking events. Building a supportive peer network can help students stay motivated and engaged throughout the program.
How Does Merit America Help with Job Placement?
Merit America is committed to helping its graduates find meaningful employment in their chosen fields. As a part of this Merit America review, let us look at some of the ways that Merit America helps with job placement:
- Industry Partnerships: Merit America works with a network of industry partners to identify in-demand jobs and provide direct connections to employers. These partnerships help ensure that Merit America graduates can access various job opportunities.
- Career Coaching: Merit America provides career coaching to help students prepare for their job search and connect with potential employers. Career coaches guide job searching strategies, interview preparation, and salary negotiations.
- Resume and Cover Letter Review: Merit America provides resume and cover letter review services to help students create strong application materials. These services help students present themselves to potential employers in the best possible light.
- Job Fairs and Networking Events: Merit America organizes job fairs and networking events to provide students with opportunities to connect directly with potential employers. These events allow students to showcase their skills and experience and make valuable connections in their field.
- Employer Partnerships: Merit America partners with various employers to identify job opportunities and connect students directly with hiring managers. These partnerships help ensure that Merit America graduates have access to various job opportunities and can find the right fit for their skills and experience.
Merit America Review - FAQs
Is Merit America Legit?
Merit America is a legitimate organization that provides skills-based training programs and support services to help individuals launch or advance their careers in high-demand fields. Students who have finished their programs have given Merit America, a non-profit organization, positive feedback on platforms such as Course Report.
Is Merit America Accredited?
Merit America is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
Is It Easy to Get into Merit America?
While Merit America seeks to be inclusive and accessible to all, getting into the program is not necessarily easy. Therefore, Merit America has a selective application process and seeks to identify motivated, committed individuals with a strong potential for success in the program and beyond.
To be considered for Merit America’s programs, applicants must meet specific eligibility requirements, such as being a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, having a high school diploma or equivalent, and being able to commit to the program’s time requirements.
We hope that this Merit America review helped you analyze your current understanding of this online learning platform and factor in new evidence about it in the process of making selections.
We hope you enjoy Merit America’s courses on in-demand skills and the positive comments from students, with many praising the platform for its life-changing ability and financial aid options. However, some applicants have criticized it for the strict admission criteria, which we understand and support its MeritMerit.
As a result, if you are a passionate individual seeking to expand your existing portfolio and learn something new and creative without the financial stress, we suggest Merit America, but only after you have matched its characteristics with your requirements and determined that this is the suitable medium for your learning needs.
We wish you success on your online learning adventure! And we hope the blogs at IOL help you discover the appropriate avenue and course to help you get started with your online education! So, check out our write-up on tips to maximize your online learning endeavors.